Sponsorship & Donation Opportunities
Our Orca Adoption Program and Gift Shop do raise funds for our education and research programs, but they do not raise it all. The Whale Museum needs you to help fulfill our mission. Your special gift makes a big difference. Please click the yellow button at left to make a contribution now. If you would prefer to have your gift designated for a specific program or need, please let us know in the "questions/comments" field. Below is a list of current needs and opportunities. Thank you!
Programs and Seminars
- Soundwatch: sponsor one full-day of Soundwatch patrols on-the-water - $500 per day, May-September
- Title 1 Schools Program & Museum tour: $300 per school
- Pod Nods Sleep-Over Adventures for Kids! (total of six overnights each summer) - $100 per program; scholarships - $40 each
- Guest Speaker Event (i.e., Alexandra Morton) - $500 per sponsor
- Guest Performer Event (i.e., Raven Dancer Gene Tagaban) - $500 per sponsor
- "Greeting Ceremony" annual fundraiser (next one scheduled for May 2013) - $500 per sponsor (benefits include two tickets to the event)
- Summer Science Lecture Series (ten lectures) - $60 per lecture or $500 per series
- "Artists & Authors" Events (six events annually) - $60 per event or $300 per series
- "Black & White Night" Annual Dinner Event (scheduled for fall 2012) -- $250 per sponsor
Additional sponsor benefits: Special seating at the event (tickets for two people where specified); for "celebrity" events, two tickets to pre-show reception with featured guest
- Facility Sponsorship (help maintain our historic building, built in 1892) - $500 per month
- Exhibit Hall Sponsorship (help protect and upgrade this public space) - $500 per month
- Exhibit Hall Refurbishment (January 2013): replace panels - total cost $250; replace costumes (orca, salmon and gray whale) - estimated $150 each; new exhibit on Gray whales (partially funded) - additional $1,500 sought
- Library/Collections Sponsorship (help maintain and build this collection which is available to the public; our library is part of the San Juan Library system!) - $250 per month
- SeaSound Hydrophone Network (keep listening on www.OrcaSound.net) - $1,200 per hydrophone or $5,000 for the entire network (annual sponsorship); $400 per dive (for installations and maintenance)
Additional sponsor benefits: Invitation to a private sponsor event in the Exhibit Hall. Annual passes to the Museum.
Nuts & Bolts
- Gift Shop: window blinds (three sets estimated at $375 each)
- 2nd Phase of Building Renovation - insulate last wall, paint exterior: estimate $10,000
- Install Elevator: estimated cost for full project - $50,000
- New Exhibit which will honor Sooke (L-112) - design is in process; cost - TBD
In general, what do sponsors get in return?
- Our heartfelt thanks and appreciation!
- Recognition: in specific printed program/event materials, in program/event marketing, and on our website.
- Acknowledgement on our in-store Sponsor Board and in the Cetus newsletter
For more information or additional opportunities, please contact: Jenny L. Atkinson, Executive Director by email or phone (360) 378-4710 ext. 26.
To sponsor, please click the "Donate Now" button at left and indicate what you are sponsoring in the "Questions/Comments" field.